Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Liz's Latest Finds - Lipstick, Self-Tanner, and Exfoliating Scrub

Monday Morsels


Oh don't worry, here's my "Monday Morsels" post on Tuesday!! 

So, I stopped by Sephora this weekend. Enough said. OK, well not quite enough, because I need to tell you about my latest finds. Prepare to start spending!


YVES SAINT LAURENT ROUGE VOLUPTÉ Silky SensualRadiant Lipstick in Nude Beige $35: After seeing the gorgeous Maskcara use this lipstick in Lingerie Pink in her birthday makeup tutorial, I developed a craving to sample this luscious product. I'm sure you've heard lipsticks described as "smooth," but compared to this velvety confection, the rest might as well be sandpaper. This product literally glides onto your skin, and nude beige is the prettiest, most perfect nude/neutral lip color I've ever seen.

KARDASHIAN SUN KISSED INSTANT SUNLESS SPRAY $19.99: You can get this only at Ulta, and it's definitely worth the trip to pick up a bottle. I got mine on sale for about $12 a while ago, and I really like several things about it. You can get away without using a tanning mitt, but I recommend having one on hand. Another trick/cheat you can use to smooth out streaks or drips is to have the plain, cheap round makeup sponges on hand (I use the Up & Up brand from Target) to smooth out problem areas.

Here's what I like:  

1. This product smells so much better than many self tanners. It does start to have a milder form of what I call that burnt tanning bed skin/buttered popcorn smell eventually (delicious description right?), but it's not as bad as many.
2. It has a nice, even mist when you spray it.
3. It provides an immediate dose of color that dries in about 15 minutes, it develops over the next eight hours, and it lasts about four days. 
4. I can spray it on my face and it doesn't make me break out. Woo hoo!
5. It's sulfate and paraben free!
6. I love the golden, just-got-home-from-a-beach-vacation glow it gives. As with any self tanner, you need to pay close attention to areas where it can cling and appear a tad darker, and I HIGHLY recommend doing a full-body exfoliation before using it. 

Here's what I don't like:
- Honestly, the only negative point is that some of the product collects around/under the cap. When I move from one area of my body to the next and stop spraying, I gently shake the can over the sink to get rid of any buildup. If you don't do that, you could end up with some random droplets of the product landing on you. 

SOAP AND GLORY FLAKE AWAY BODY POLISH $25: I heard about via a few YouTube reviews, but I didn't try it until this weekend. The soft, powdery, peach/vanilla/floral smell alone had me hooked. However, I am one of the pickiest people when it comes to a sugar or salt scrub (this gem contains both, in addition to peach seed powder). I like a hearty scrub that really works at eliminating dry skin (none of that useless liquidy, grainy crap) AND leaves your skin supple and moisturized. This meets my criteria. Also, the product has enough pliability that it makes the transfer from your hand to your body with disintegrating and falling to the shower floor! This just might be the scrub that keeps me from continually searching for a better one. 


Happy Shopping!!


xoxo





 
Site Design by Designer Blogs